Walmley Sports and Cricket Club (The Club) is committed to ensuring all Children (i.e. all persons under the age of 18) participating in sport have a safe and positive experience.
We will do this by:
- Recognising all children participating in sport (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have the right to have fun and be protected from harm in a safe environment
- Ensuring individuals working within sport at, or for, our Club provide a welcoming, safe, and fun experience for children
- Adopting and implementing the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) “Safe Hands — Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children“, the the FA’s “Grassroots Safeguarding Children Policy and Procedures”, and any Safeguarding Policies by any other Sport Governing Bodies and any future versions of these
- Appointing a Club Welfare Officer and ensuring they attend all current and future training modules required by the National Governing Bodies (NGB)
- Ensuring all people who work in sport at, or for, our Club (such as staff, officials, volunteers, team managers, coaches and so on) have a responsibility for safeguarding children, and understand how the “Safe Hands Policy” applies to them
- Ensuring all individuals working within sport at, or for, the Club are recruited and appointed in accordance with NGB guidelines and relevant legislation
- Ensuring all individuals working within sport at, or for, the Club are provided with support, through education and training, so they are aware of, and can adhere to, good practice and Code of Conduct guidelines defined by the NGB, and the Club
- Ensuring the name and contact details of the Club Welfare Officer is available:
- As the first point of contact for parents, children and volunteers/staff within the club
- As a local source of procedural advice for the Club, its committee and members
- As the main point of contact within the Club for the NGB County Welfare Officer and the NGB Safeguarding Team, and
- As the main point of contact within the Club for relevant external agencies in connection with child safeguarding.