The Club provides emergency first aid and a first aid kit is available at the Club venues and where relevant at training/competition events. The nominated Club Officer is responsible for ensuring that the first aid kit is easily accessible and that it is fully stocked with items that are within their shelf life.
Nominated Club Officer: Nathan Hill
Under guidance from the Health & Safety Executive, the first aid kit contains at least the following items:
- The HSE Basic Advice on First Aid at Work leaflet giving general guidance on first aid.
- 20 individually wrapped sterile adhesive dressings (assorted sizes).
- Two sterile eye pads.
- Four individually wrapped triangular bandages.
- Six safety pins.
- Six medium-sized (approximately 12cm x 12cm) individually wrapped sterile un-medicated wound dressings.
- Two large (approximately 18cm x 18cm) individually wrapped sterile un-medicated wound dressings.
- One pair of disposable gloves.
A list of qualified first aiders will be posted on the Club Notice Board
There is also a defibrillator available at the club.