Walmley Cricket and Sports Club is a dynamic, and rapidly growing sports club. We are always on the look out for outstanding people to help us develop and progress. Working with us is perfect if you enjoy a challenge and want to be part of one of the fastest growing sports clubs in the UK. You can play your part in inspiring both children and adults about the benefits of sport and physical activity. Walmley Cricket and Sports Club has developed The Walmley Way and are committed to making a difference within our local community. If you feel you can add value to our community sports club please see our vacancies below.
Walmley Cricket Club Head Coach
The successful candidate will lead and coach on the cricket programme, ensuring that the best opportunities are available to produce cricketers of the highest possible level. As the post holder you will be working for Walmley Cricket Club and line managed by the Director of Sport and ideally available to start on December 1st 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Payment: To be negotiated with successful candidate
Estimated 10 hours per week in the winter
Estimated 10 – 12 hours per week in the Summer
All hours include evenings and weekends.
• Responsible for writing and implementing the club age group winter and summer programmes
• Coach and manage the Emerging Players Programme (EPP) & Academy Programme
• Lead and help develop the club coaching team.
• Act as Lead coach for the Senior 1st XI. Possible position of player coach for 1st XI
• Continue to enhance relationships with first class counties to provide opportunities for talented players to enhance their development.
• Act as the main contact point for all managers at clubs in relation to the selection of players for county trials
To be responsible for the Clubmark process
Skills required for position
• Must have significant coaching experience of club cricket
• Good communication and time management skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Minimum UKCC L2 Coach with a willingness to undertake formal and informal training or UKCC L3 Coach
• Full, clean and valid driving licence and access to a car
• Computer literacy, including MS office Applications
• Up to date ECBCA membership including DBS
• Excellent leadership skills
For an informal conversation please contact Nathan Hill on 07587 634 432
To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter of application to Nathan Hill Director of Sport at email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 16th November